For code/output blocks: Use ``` (aka backtick or grave accent) in a single line before and after the block. See: http://commonmark.org/help/

Trade/Order Symbol

• Hi,

From a trade, is there a way to get the symbol?

As an example, in the code below, I would like to extract the trade symbol:

def notify_trade(self, trade):
            if not trade.isclosed:
                return
            self.debug('OPERATION PROFIT, GROSS {:.2f}, NET {:.2f}'.format(trade.pnl, trade.pnlcomm))

And add it to the debug output.

Also, is there a way to do this for an order:

if order.status in [order.Completed]:
                if order.isbuy():
                    message = 'BUY EXECUTED, Price: {:.2f}, Cost: {:.2f}, Comms {:.2f}'
                else:
                    message = 'SELL EXECUTED, Price: {:.2f}, Cost: {:.2f}, Comms {:.2f}'
                self.debug(message.format(order.executed.price, order.executed.value, order.executed.comm))

Thanks

• administrators

@laurent-michelizza said in Trade/Order Symbol:

From a trade, is there a way to get the symbol?

A Trade has a data attribute. From there you can use the trade.data._name attribute if you have given a name to the feed when adding it to cerebro. In many cases you want the parameter passed in as dataname during creation. In that case use trade.data.p.dataname

• @backtrader said in Trade/Order Symbol:

.p.dataname

Great thanks. I am now using trade.data._name as I am passing the dataframe in dataname somehow (instancing with Pandas). My IDE is complaining about access to a protected member though. Would it be possible to have an accessor?

It seems to be working similarly on order which is great.

• administrators

@laurent-michelizza said in Trade/Order Symbol:

My IDE is complaining about access to a protected member though. Would it be possible to have an accessor?

The problem is that lines in data feeds can also be accessed using self.data.line_name. Because the objects are extensible and one can add new lines, it could well be conceived a line named ... name. That was the reason to keep it as _name.

_xxxx is the convention for something which shouldn't be used.Note: convention and should. Given the dynamic nature of python, one can actually access everything.

• Great, thanks.

I also found the method getdataname() which works the same, which is great. Unfortunately, I still have to use .data._name on an order. No biggie though. :) Thanks.

• [deleted post, wrong tab]