Algotopian is starting. Let it be the future of backtrader. Check it out! https://www.algotopian.com
For code/output blocks: Use ``` (aka backtick or grave accent) in a single line before and after the block. See: http://commonmark.org/help/

Breakout channel indicators

• Hi,

I am new to this library and really like it. Tried to read documentation and browsed source code. I couldn't find an example that will help to use breakout channels.

So, if I want to know 15 day high + 15 day low prices, what should I use to minimize reinventing the wheel.

Please advise.

Thanks

• administrators

Indicator Highest (aka MaxN) and indicator Lowest (aka MinN) ?

Docs - Indicator Reference

• Very Nice, I got something running. It shows indicator 15 day high at the bottom of the chart. I would like to show a channel of 15 day high and 15 day low on the price chart itself ( where buy and sell traingles and MA show up ) , rather than in a separate section at the bottom of the chart.

0_1517153271806_highest.png

Where can I read more about this ?

Also, this is a great project with live community... I would like to contribute in docs to start with by fixing typos etc. Please advise where and how I can help.

• administrators

See Docs - Plotting

You can control subplotting with the option: subplot. You can pass it directly to the constructor of the indicator. It will be used as a plotting option if it doesn't conflict with a defined parameter or you can set it like:

myindicator.plotinfo.subplot = False

I would like to contribute in docs to start with by fixing typos etc. Please advise where and how I can help.
    You can for example submit pull-requests to:

You ma also open a topic with your findings providing some context as to where the typos are (for example, page link and the sentence with the typo ... you can easily highlight the typo in the Communty using markdown)

Looks like your connection to Backtrader Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.