For code/output blocks: Use ``` (aka backtick or grave accent) in a single line before and after the block. See:

Using my own pre-calculated indicators

• I have a Pandas dataframe which contains my Open, High, Low, Close, Volume columns at minutely resolution. I will load this custom data-set into Backtrader. In addition, I have my own indicators/signals pre-calculated for every minutely time-step.

Having already skimmed the Platform Concepts ( in the documentation, I haven't been able to see how best to load my own pre-calculated signals.

Please could someone point me to the correct place in the documentation, or share a code snippet? Sorry if this is a duplicate topic, happy to be pointed to the best original topic also.

Thank you very much in advance.

• I am quite new to this myself but two ideas:

• either use your precalculated data to fake a regular data feed and add it to the strategy. E.g. put your indicator values to the feed's closes value or something
    • or implement a simple indicator that just loads the precalculated data from a file (csv?). I am not aware that such an indicator already exists

• check the link below

this is my test code

class MyDataFeed(btfeeds.GenericCSVData):
        lines = ('aaa','bbb','ccc')
        params = (
            ('nullvalue', 0.0),
            ('dtformat', ('%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S')),
            ('datetime', 0),
            ('time', -1),
            ('open', 1),
            ('close', 2),
            ('high', 3),
            ('low', 4),
            ('volume', 5),
            ('aaa', 6),
            ('bbb', 7),
            ('ccc', 8)
            ('openinterest', -1),
            ('timeframe', bt.TimeFrame.Minutes)

(BTW, I am learning this framework too.)

• Thanks guys - I did infact solve this precisely as you suggested.

I'm having trouble getting this to work with Pandas but works fine with GenericCSVData.

More information is here:

• For PandasData you probably want to see this thread and the mention of the datafields attribute.

Looks like your connection to Backtrader Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.