For code/output blocks: Use ``` (aka backtick or grave accent) in a single line before and after the block. See: http://commonmark.org/help/

Live Trading: VPS Considerations?

• Hello all,
    I am curious to get a feel for how many users of Backtrader use a virtual private server for their live trading vs running locally on their own machine?

Also if you use a VPS what were your main considerations in choosing a provider? Are there any features or functionality you would like to see that would make life easier for you from a trading perspective?

Full Disclosure, I am interested to see whether there is a market to provide VPS instances with value-added services/features targeting Backtrader users. (Such as pre-configured instances, a HTML front end for live plotting and monitoring etc). However, before I go too far down that rabbit hole, it would be good to get an idea if there is actually any demand for such a thing.

My initial feeling is that most users of BT are already quite technically competent and would prefer to do everything themselves.

• @ThatBlokeDave said in Live Trading: VPS Considerations?:

My initial feeling is that most users of BT are already quite technically competent and would prefer to do everything themselves.

Yep.

• @Cheez Thanks for the feedback!