Difference between leverage and multi

• I have read through the page https://www.backtrader.com/docu/commission-schemes/commission-schemes.html? but I am not clear what is the difference between multi and leverage. Both seems to be multiplicator to apply to profit and loss calculations.

Let's say I want to trade a futures contract, margin requirement is 5% of contract value and commission is fixed ratio 0.0001 of contract value. how to define the parameters in broker.setcommission(commission=?, margin=?, mult=20?,leverage=20?)

Thanks for help!

• In your case you will need to develop your own commisson scheme using the following post Docs - User Defined Commissions.

No need to use leverage, define margin based on the price, fixed commission and mult. Usually mult is not defined as 1 / margin, but by future contract spec. Since I don't know what are you going to trade, then this need to be clarified.

As of leverage - this is bts implementation of the broker loan if you want to buy stocks more than your funds allow you. More or less in details is described here
    Blog - BTFD (Buy The F... Dip)

Looks like your connection to Backtrader Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.