Getting executed time - Float to Datetime

• Hi. I am trying to debug my execution times and am getting a weird float output when I use notify_order. I am trying to convert the float of 'order.executed.dt' to datetime to print a string.

My question is how to convert this float to readable string, as i am getting weird errors. When I print the float as is I get '735480.4798611111' which equates to Sept 1970. The data I am using is 8/1/2014 10:31:00 AM.

What am I doing wrong here?

Here is the code

def notify_order(self, order):
            if order.status in [order.Submitted, order.Accepted]:
                # Buy/Sell order submitted/accepted to/by broker - Nothing to do
                return

# Check if an order has been completed
            # Attention: broker could reject order if not enougth cash
            if order.status in [order.Completed]:
                if order.isbuy():
                    self.log(
                        'BUY EXECUTED, Price: %.2f, Cost: %.2f, Comm %.2f, Datetime: %s' %
                        (order.executed.price,
                         order.executed.value,
                         order.executed.comm,
                        datetime.datetime.strftime(datetime.datetime.fromtimestamp(order.executed.dt),'%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S')))

• administrators

The float is a timestamp as defined by matplotlib

See for example here: Docs - Evaluating external historical performance for how to convert it with self.data.num2date.

Using the method of the data feed guarantees appropriate timezone conversions. If you are using no timezones, you can simply use backtrader.num2date

• Solved. Thank you so much for the really quick reply!

Here is the code for reference for anyone else.

self.log('SELL EXECUTED, Price: %.2f, Cost: %.2f, Comm %.2f, Datetime: %s' %
                            (order.executed.price,
                             order.executed.value,
                             order.executed.comm,
                             bt.num2date(order.executed.dt)))

Looks like your connection to Backtrader Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.