Datafeed Development

• administrators

Use the link below to go the original post

Click here to see the full blog post

• Hola, as I'm using Visual Chart for trading, and I'm looking for a language that can expand my tools: does this VCHARTDATA module work in real time? Is it able to get events from Visual Chart? Or is it just for backtesting? Thanks

• administrators

In this blog post, the described data feed is for the exported CSV data files or for direct usage of the binary (.fd or .min) which are of course static

For a real-time feed and trading broker for VisualChart you may want to look into:

In the blog post introducing the feature you can see orders that were sent to VisualChart over the COM interface.

To take into account:

• Test a lot. The code may contain bugs, your code may contain bugs and even VisualChart may contain bugs.
    • You need the python comtypes packaged detailed in the documentation. The Pull-Request hasn't yet been integrated into the main development tree (which seems more or less stopped from a development point of view)

Looks like your connection to Backtrader Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.