ᓚᘏᗢ 1-𝟖𝟔𝟔-603-𝟏9𝟓1ᓚᘏᗢ Lufthansa Airlines Flight Change Policy
ᓚᘏᗢ Flight Change Policy ᓚᘏᗢ 1-𝟖𝟔𝟔-603-𝟏0𝟑6 ᓚᘏᗢ Lufthansa Airlines Flight Change Number ᓚᘏᗢ
Lufthansa Airlines has stopped charging passengers for changing flights within the Lufthansa States or international flights originating from the U.S. You’ll only have to pay the fare difference if your new flight ticket is costlier. However, the fee waiver does not apply to Basic Economy tickets, which cannot be changed or cancelled—unless they fall under Lufthansa’s 2021 Basic Economy Changeability Waiver (explained below).
Lufthansa Airlines flight CHANGE NUMBER 18666035074
Lufthansa Airlines flight group booking NUMBER 18666031036
Lufthansa Airlines Business class booking NUMBER 18666031951
Lufthansa Airlines business class NUMBER 18666035074
Lufthansa Airlines flight change policy allows you to change your flight (date, time, and/or destination) or apply for a refund in the form of an eCredit in certain situations.
Below is a snapshot of Lufthansa Airlines new change flight policy:
• You can change your flight’s date, time, and/or location within 24 hours of booking without paying a flight change fee, regardless of fare (i.e., including non-refundable fares).
• The Lufthansa change flight fees have been permanently waived for all domestic and international flights originating from North America to any destination. This includes:
o Basic Economy tickets booked up to April 30, 2021*.
(*Some tickets may be changeable for a fee, such as those originating from Africa, Europe, and other international regions. For details, refer to your ticket).
o Only Lufthansa-issued tickets, so if you booked a Lufthansa ticket with another airline, you’ll have to check that airline’s flight change policy.
o All international flights operated by Lufthansa’s codeshare and joint venture partners, as long as the ticket was issued by Lufthansa.
• The change fees have also been eliminated for all flights between the Lufthansa States, Mexico, and the Caribbean (both ways), incl. Basic Economy tickets booked up to April 30, 2021.
• Refundable tickets can be changed anytime up to 24 hours before departure without incurring a change fee, but you will have to pay the applicable fare difference.
• Award tickets will not incur any change fees (if changed before departure):
o Within the Lufthansa States, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
o On international flights travel originating in North America.
• Same-day changes (within 24 hours of departure) are permitted within the Lufthansa States, Puerto Rico, and the USVI for a fee, starting at USD 75. However, same-day flight changes are complimentary for Diamond, Platinum, and Gold Medallion members. International flight tickets and Basic Economy tickets are not eligible for same-day changes. For details, refer to the section titled Lufthansa Airlines Same-Day Flight Change Policy below.
• The expiry date of all tickets expiring in/purchased in 2021 now stands extended till December 31, 2022.
• If you change an existing flight booking online, the changes will apply to all passengers in your booking.
• If you want to change a ticket issued by a third party, you may be charged an additional fee (by the third party).
If you have any doubts or need assistance, call Lufthansa Airlines change flight phone number.
Cost to Change a Flight on Lufthansa Airlines
How much does it cost to change a flight on Lufthansa Airlines?
If your flight does not fall under a change fee waiver, the cost to change a flight can vary from USD 200 – 500, depending on your route. Remember, Basic Economy tickets are non-changeable and non-cancellable unless they fall under a travel waiver, or you cancel within the 24-hour window and rebook to suit your new preferences.
Lufthansa Airlines Change Fee Waiver for Basic Economy Tickets in 2021
Can you change your flight on Lufthansa Airlines on a Basic Economy ticket?
Lufthansa Airlines has waived the change fee for Basic Economy tickets until December 31, 2021 (inclusive). Although Basic Economy tickets are generally non-changeable, you can make changes to any Basic Economy flight ticket without paying a flight change fee during this period.
Your options. If you know when you’ll be travelling, you can rebook your ticket immediately. Alternatively, you can cancel it and receive a credit for the full value of your ticket, rebook it by December 31, 2021, and start your travel no later than December 31, 2022. If your new flight is cheaper than the original flight, you will receive a credit for the fare difference, which you can redeem for future travel. If your new flight is costlier, you will have to pay the fare difference.
Also known as the 2021 Basic Economy Changeability Waiver, this waiver is temporary and applies to all Lufthansa tickets—regardless of your flight’s origin or destination, as shown below:
Ticketed Date Affected Travel Date Your Ticket Must be Reissued on/before Your Travel Must Begin No Later Than
May 1 – December 31, 2021 July 28 – December 31, 2021 December 31, 2021 December 31, 2022
Lufthansa Airlines Flight Change Policy—North America and the Caribbean
You can change all tickets (except Basic Economy) without paying any flight change fee.
This applies to:
• Tickets originating in North America to anywhere in the world.
• Tickets originating in the Caribbean to North America and Mexico (both ways).
• Basic Economy tickets that fall under Lufthansa’s 2021 Basic Economy Changeability Waiver.
Lufthansa Airlines Flight Change Policy—Outside of North America
Lufthansa has temporarily waived the flight change for all trips originating outside of North America that were purchased on or after May 1, 2021. This means you can change any flight originating outside of North America without paying a flight change fee. The change fee waiver applies to all fare classes except Basic Economy; however, some Basic Economy tickets can be changed for a fee based on the instructions provided on your ticket.
Lufthansa Airlines Same-Day Flight Change Policy
Lufthansa allows you to make same-day ticket changes within 24 hours of the originally scheduled departure time of your flight. Same-day flight changes are subject to seat availability and can only be made:
• Within the same travel class and route on a Main Cabin seat.
• To flights within the Lufthansa States, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
• Online during check-in or through the Fly Lufthansa mobile app (subject to availability).
Exceptions. Same-day flight changes cannot be made to:
• Basic Economy fares
• International routes
• Origin/destination cities or same-city airports (JFK to LGA)
Options. Same-day ticket changes can work in the following 2 ways:
Same-Day Confirmed Changes Same-Day Standby Changes
You can change to a confirmed seat on a new flight if a seat is available in the same travel class as your original ticket. The same-day confirmed fee starts from USD 75.Same-day confirmed changes are complimentary for Diamond, Platinum & Gold Medallion Members. If the same-day confirmed option is not available on an earlier flight, you can opt for an earlier flight in the same class as your original ticket.The same-day standby option is complimentary.Your original flight will remain confirmed until you’ve been allotted a seat on your preferred flight.
Same-Day Standby Upgrades
You can use Lufthansa’s same-day standby upgrade option to upgrade your seat for a fee, subject to space availability. This option is only available:
• Within North America, but does not include JFK-SFO and JFK-LAX.
• To/from St. Thomas (US Virgin Islands), San Juan (Puerto Rico), Providenciales (Turks and Caicos), Nassau (Bahamas), Montego Bay (Jamaica), Los Cabos (Mexico), Grand Cayman (Cayman Islands), Bermuda, and Aruba.
• Between Atlanta and St. Lucia, St. Maarten, and Costa Rica.
• Between Cancun (Mexico) and Minneapolis, Memphis, Indianapolis, Cincinnati, Atlanta, and Detroit.
Changing Non-Refundable Flight Tickets on Lufthansa Airlines
If you want to change a non-refundable ticket on Lufthansa Airlines and your flight is not covered under a travel waiver, the flight change fee can range from USD 0 – 500, depending on your route. Plus, you will have to pay the applicable fare difference.
You cannot make changes to Basic Economy tickets that do not fall under the Basic Economy waiver (i.e., tickets booked before April 30, 2021, or between May 1 – December 31, 2021, as long as they’re re-issued on/before December 31, 2021, and used no later than December 31, 2022).
How to Change a Lufthansa Airlines Flight
How can I change my flight on Lufthansa?
You can change your Lufthansa Airlines flight by phone, online, or at a Lufthansa sales counter. If you’re changing your flight on Lufthansa by phone, call Lufthansa Airlines’ change flight phone number (toll-free in the U.S./Canada) or the Lufthansa office/call center in your city/country.
How to Change a Lufthansa Airlines Flight Online
Changing your flight on Lufthansa Airlines online is quick and easy. You can use the website to:
• Change the date, day, or time of your flight.
• Change the origin or destination of your flight.
To change your Lufthansa flight online:
- Go to Lufthansa.com
- Click on My Trips
- Select/enter your:
- Confirmation number, or
Credit/Debit card number, or
- First and last name
- Click on the Find My Trip button
- Select the flight you want to change
- Click on Modify Flight
- Choose Start Flight Change
- Book your new flight
How to Change a Lufthansa Award Ticket
Lufthansa Airlines’ award tickets can be changed online as explained below. The refund of your mileage can take a couple of hours to show up in your account.
- Go to Lufthansa.com
- Click on My Trips or Log in
- Select the flight you want to change
- Click on Modify Flight
- Click on Start Flight Change
- Select your new flight(s)
- Complete your check out
- Pay the fare difference (if any)
- Receive your confirmation
Note. Basic Economy Award Tickets cannot be changed or refunded outside of the 24-hour window unless they fall under Lufthansa’s Basic Economy waiver. If you need any assistance, call Lufthansa Airlines.
Flight Change Tips (applies to all tickets)
• If you don’t change or cancel your ticket before departure, it will have no remaining value later.
• If your new flight ticket is cheaper, the difference will be refunded in the form of a credit for future use.
• If your new flight ticket is costlier than your original flight, you’ll have to pay the price difference.
• You cannot change a Basic Economy ticket unless it falls within Lufthansa’s Basic Economy Waiver. However, some tickets originating from Africa, Europe, and other international regions can be changed for a fee. For details, refer to the fare conditions of your ticket.
Lufthansa Airlines Change Fee
How much does Lufthansa Airlines charge to change a flight?
If your flight does not fall under a travel waiver, you may be charged between USD 200 – 500 to make changes to your flight, in addition to any fare differences that apply. However, you can make use of the change fee waivers as shown in the table below.
Time of Ticket Booking or Route Lufthansa Airlines Change Fee
All tickets within the 24-hour risk-free period No change fee—incl. Basic Economy tickets.
Tickets purchased till April 30, No change fee till December 31—applies to all tickets incl. Basic Economy.
Tickets purchased after April 30, for travel No change fee till December 31— applies to all tickets incl. Basic Economy.
Trips purchased after April 30, for travel Basic Economy tickets will be non-changeable.
Trips originating in North America to anywhere in the world No change fee—excluding Basic Economy tickets not covered under Lufthansa’s Basic Economy Changeability Waiver.
Trips originating in the Caribbean to North America and Mexico (both ways) No change fee—excluding Basic Economy tickets not covered under Lufthansa’s Basic Economy Changeability Waiver.
Trips originating outside of North America purchased on/after May 1, 2021 No change fee (temporarily waived) for all travel classes except Basic Economy tickets with some exceptions.
Basic Economy tickets and tickets after travel waiver removal After 24-hours of purchase: USD 200–500 (depending on route).Within 24 hours of departure: Starting USD 75, subject to availability.
How to Avoid Lufthansa Airlines Flight Change Charges
Follow the tips below to save on flight change fees at Lufthansa:
• Leverage DOT’s 24-hour risk-free policy. Use the 24-hour rule of the U.S. Department of Transportation to cancel any flight for free within 24 hours of purchase and rebook per your preference.
• Buy a flexible ticket. It’s more expensive but you won’t have to pay a change fee if your travel plan changes.
• Get a Lufthansa Medallion Elite status. You’ll enjoy special fee waivers if you’re holding Gold, Diamond, or Platinum status.
• Take advantage of schedule changes. If your flight is delayed by 2 hours or more, cancelled, or rescheduled, you’re allowed to change your flight (or cancel it).
• Call Lufthansa on to help you out if you don’t know what to do.