How to plot arbitrary values?

• I'm calculating support/resistance on X period close prices.

I'd like to plot this on the output chart and i saw the code from here, but I believe backtrader is looking for time series data for this to work.

import backtrader as bt
    import backtrader.indicators as btind

class SR_Indicator(bt.Indicator):
        lines = ('sr',)

def __init__(self):
        self.lines.sr = self.data

In strategy init:

self.tf_0_sr = [ 0.15112, 0.15332, .....]
    self.lower_tf_sr = SR_Indicator(self.tf_0_sr)

(Doesn't work)

1. How would I plot arbitrary horizontal lines on the output chart?

2. If i have two supports and resistances (one for each time frame I'm analyzing), how do I indicate the right indicator for the right time frame? This is how I added /resampled the data

df = csv_to_pandas(args.data, timeframe=bt.TimeFrame.Minutes) #convert bid / ask to OHLC
    base_data = bt.feeds.PandasData(dataname=df, timeframe= bt.TimeFrame.Minutes) #1 minute
    cerebro.adddata(base_data )

cerebro.resampledata(base_data, timeframe=bt.TimeFrame.Minutes, compression=15) #15 minutes

• administrators

@Taewoo-Kim said in How to plot arbitrary values?:

1. How would I plot arbitrary horizontal lines on the output chart?

See Docs - Plotting and plothlines and/or plotyticks under Object-wide plotting options. You can find examples in the Stochastic and RSI indicators.

1. If i have two supports and resistances (one for each time frame I'm analyzing), how do I indicate the right indicator for the right time frame? This is how I added /resampled the data

There is context (sample code) missing for a real answer, but the guess if you have to specifically tell the indicator with which data it has to work, either data0 or data1 (seems you only have 2 data feeds)

• Thank you. Will give it a try

Looks like your connection to Backtrader Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.