For code/output blocks: Use ``` (aka backtick or grave accent) in a single line before and after the block. See: http://commonmark.org/help/

After stop-loss is executed stop algorithm for x amount of hours

• I was looking around on how to implement a timer so that every time I get stopped out I want to stop the strategy for x hours and start it up again once x hours has passed.
    What is a simple way to implement this?

Let's say I have something like this:

if not self.position:
        if buy_signal1:
             self.buy()

if self.position:
        if sell_signal1:
              self.sell()
        if stop_signal:
              self.sell()
              if stop_signal:
                    [insert timer code here?]

• You can simply have a variable (self.no_trade_time) or something like that, place it at the beginning of next and if the time is before that time, no trades. Every time you stop, set the variable 4 hours out.

• To clarify, you have a return if current time is less than self.no_trade_time.

• @run-out Thank you!

• @run-out
    So I did not get the full picture of what you are trying to explain.

This is what I got so far:

self.t1 = close + datetime.timedelta(hours=4)

Current close + 4hours stored in a variable

Stop-loss:

if pos == step4:  # 4
                if close <= buy4:
                    self.stoploss = self.sell(price=stop, size=-pos, exectype=bt.Order.Stop)
                    self.log('Close below buy step 4.. creating stoploss @ %.2f' % stop)
                    print(pos)
                    if close >= sell1:
                        self.cancel(self.stoploss)
                        self.log('Current price reached sell 1 cancelling stop... %.2f' % close)
                        print(pos)

Where do I place my "timer" variable so that if the stoploss executes the algorithm initiates the variable and stops the algorithm for x hours ?

• You can set up your variable in notify_order at the end. When the order has traded, set your variable to four hours out, then check that variable at the beginning of next.

});