For code/output blocks: Use ``` (aka backtick or grave accent) in a single line before and after the block. See: http://commonmark.org/help/

Interactive backtrading

• Hi,
    I would like to have a user-interactive strategy, where the user can confirm buy/sell signals. Technically this is possible in the console by using Python input() everytime. However, I'd rather show the user a chart of the data to aid the user decision.

Ideally, it would be possible to use cerebros plot function from within the strategy, but I fear this may not be possible (certainly it is not intended).

Alternatively I consider coding a separate GUI (using QT/ pyqtgraph for example) that interacts with the strategy. I would like to reuse as much as possible from backtraders functionality.

Generally, does anyone have experience with backtrader and 'interactive' backtrading?

Thanks!

• The closest topic I remember seeing on this forum was a discussion about live chart support .

Probably you may find some useful ideas there.

• Just figured out a simple solution that uses backtraders functionality quite well:

plotter = bt.plot.plot.Plot()
                rfig = plotter.plot(self, figid=0, numfigs=1, iplot=True,
                                    start=0, end=len(self.data))
                plotter.show()

within next() of strategy. This plots all the data seen so far.

• @vladisld said in Interactive backtrading:

The closest topic I remember seeing on this forum was a discussion about live chart support .

Probably you may find some useful ideas there.

Great, thanks. :) Charts with live data can be a next step.

});