For code/output blocks: Use ``` (aka backtick or grave accent) in a single line before and after the block. See: http://commonmark.org/help/

Create order object for later submission

• Is there a way to create an Order object to be stored and issued to the broker at a later date?

• Following documentation leads me to a KeyError with a _ococheck(order).

Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "run.py", line 205, in <module>
        main(args)
      File "run.py", line 78, in main
        bm.run(**run_kwargs)
      File "/opt/emeraldmine/backtest.py", line 61, in run
        runs = self.cerebro.run(stdstats=stdstats)
      File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/backtrader/cerebro.py", line 1127, in run
        runstrat = self.runstrategies(iterstrat)
      File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/backtrader/cerebro.py", line 1298, in runstrategies
        self._runnext(runstrats)
      File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/backtrader/cerebro.py", line 1623, in _runnext
        self._brokernotify()
      File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/backtrader/cerebro.py", line 1360, in _brokernotify
        self._broker.next()
      File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/backtrader/brokers/bbroker.py", line 1221, in next
        self._try_exec(order)
      File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/backtrader/brokers/bbroker.py", line 1073, in _try_exec
        self._try_exec_limit(order, popen, phigh, plow, pcreated)
      File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/backtrader/brokers/bbroker.py", line 912, in _try_exec_limit
        self._execute(order, ago=0, price=p)
      File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/backtrader/brokers/bbroker.py", line 845, in _execute
        self._ococheck(order)
      File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/backtrader/brokers/bbroker.py", line 618, in _ococheck
        parentref = self._ocos[order.ref]
    KeyError: 1

• Could you include your code please?

• Strategy:

class testStrategy(BaseStrategy):
        params = dict(
            period=21,
            temp=True
        )

def __init__(self):
            self.rsi = bt.indicators.RSI_SMA(
                self.data1.close, period=self.p.period, safediv=True, lowerband=30.0, upperband=70.0)
            self.cross = bt.indicators.CrossOver(self.rsi, self.line)

def next(self):
            if not self.position:
                if self.rsi < 30:
                    order = bt.BuyOrder(data=self.data0, price=self.data0.close[0], size=0.01,
                                        exectype=bt.Order.Limit)
                    self.broker.submit(order)
            else:
                if self.rsi > 70:
                    order = bt.SellOrder(data=self.data0, price=self.data0.close[0], size=0.01,
                                         exectype=bt.Order.Limit)
                    self.broker.submit(order)

• I can't understand what exactly you need.
    And the second what is the self.line variable?

• This is not the situation I intend to use this method of submitting orders, however I don't feel comfortable sharing the logic in which it will be used. This was just a simple use case that still demonstrates the error. However the original logic ultimately involves creating a series of orders to be issued at varying times in the future dependant on price action and the like.

The self.line was missing from edits i made to the original file, my apologies i will amend the original sample.

Trying to follow the error chain, i'm not sure exactly how the _ococheck() works, however I cant understand why its searching for a parent reference without any oco code being present.

• Dumb question, but why can't you just issue the order in the future?

• @run-out I can, no doubt, but it will involve getting and referencing numerous values from various lines. It became apparent this could all be a lot easy and frankly look like cleaner code done at once and using a queue system to place the orders in to be pulled at the appropriate time.

All in all this isnt a do or die issue however I believe documentation here that implies any situation in which a buy/sell can be issued can also be replaced with submitting an Order object to the broker should be changed to reflect that this method does not work.

});