Feature Request: Live Plotting

• I saw the post below and would like to make a request that it be considered on the road map at some point in the future.

Re: Does plotting a live/animated chart work?

I don't know how others feel but for me it would be quite useful. When working with people who are not programmers or technical in nature, it would help them easily see what is going on with the strategy.

• administrators

It would seem that you are looking more for a replayed chart.

When working with people who are not programmers or technical in nature, it would help them easily see what is going on with the strategy.

As the backtesting develops itself, the chart should fill itself up. Is it so?

• @backtrader

Sorry just saw that you replied to this.

Actually I was more considering it in the live environment if/when the strategy graduates from back testing . It would be useful to be able to visually see what the strategy is doing for monitoring purposes and peace of mind of those who might use the strategy but have not developed it.

I understand we can already see buying and selling using the brokers own platform. However you can't see any custom indicators, support lines or other things we can plot on the backtested charts that might have caused the strategy to enter or exit a trade.

Thanks.

Looks like your connection to Backtrader Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.