For code/output blocks: Use ``` (aka backtick or grave accent) in a single line before and after the block. See: http://commonmark.org/help/

position problem:how to get order Index?(when I print position show “Opened: 0.01” )

• I'm a beginner,My English is not good.Please forgive me.
    I buy(size=0.01) 3 times in different price. such as: orderA,orderB,orderC
    in notify_order,print(self.getposition(self.data)) last time show:

--- Position Begin

• Size: 0.03
    • Price: 1.0755933333333332
    • Price orig: 1.0759599999999998
    • Closed: 0
    • Opened: 0.01
    • Adjbase: 1.07323
      --- Position End

I think:
    Size: 0.03 = orderA.size+orderB.size+orderC.size
    Opened: 0.01=orderC.size

problem:
    1.how can I get orderA,orderB,orderC Index? I want to see their cost(order.executed.value)
    2.how can I close orderB only? I want to close order by order.ref

my English is not good, I use translation software, so the translation is not accurate.
    it's hard to understand the document.
    Can you write a demo for me?
    Thank you very much.

• @magieva said in position problem:how to get order Index?(when I print position show “Opened: 0.01” ):

1.how can I get orderA,orderB,orderC Index? I want to see their cost(order.executed.value)

In the notify_order() print order.executed.value. So in case of N order, the script will print order.executed.value N times.

Order can't be closed. It can be issued, accepted and executed. After the execution of the order the position size is increasing or decreasing.

• administrators

@magieva said in position problem:how to get order Index?(when I print position show “Opened: 0.01” ):

Use notify_order, method of Strategy to receive the notifications for each order.

@magieva said in position problem:how to get order Index?(when I print position show “Opened: 0.01” ):

That's an impossible. Here and in real life. Let me say it loud and clear: ORDERS ARE NOT POSITIONS, because an order is not open or closed. An order can be pending execution, partially executed, cancelled, rejected, but IT IS NOT YOUR POSITION in the market. The exchange does not keep track of which orders opened your position. Your orders are instructions to do something.

You can use tradeid to simulate trades which logically group orders. But you have to remember, that the EXCHANGE won't do that for you.

• Thank you for your answer.

I am used to MT4. The operation habit of order affects my understanding.

After understanding, I can think of an application: Calculate used margin

if order.status in [order.Completed]:  

# marginUsed
                for bit in order.executed.exbits:
                    self.marginUsed += bit.openedvalue - bit.closedvalue

If this is not right, please give me suggestions and thank you again for your reply

});