For code/output blocks: Use ``` (aka backtick or grave accent) in a single line before and after the block. See: http://commonmark.org/help/

Missing Trades in backtrader ?

• Hi there,
    I need urgent help regarding missing trades in backtrader. As you can see there are lots and lots of trades that are going on but it isn't showing in the Trades window. I am facing this issue from last 6 months. I would be happy if someone will help me in this.

Figure_0.png

• My understanding is that trades are reported when the position in a particular instrument is eliminated (goes to zero). In case you are trading the same instrument with partial orders ( like sell 5% of your holding and buy it back ) the trade notification will not be generated - that's what I saw. However I'd wait for more experienced forum members to reply of cause, in case I'm wrong.

• Hi @vladisld it is not the case. The Algo is an intraday algo.
    Please find the zoomed screenshot which clearly shows that the trades are getting closed EOD.

Figure_1.png

• administrators

@Aadhunik-Sharma said in Missing Trades in backtrader ?:

I need urgent help regarding missing trades

And which info do you provide to sort out the mystery? A chart?

Urgency? You know this is unpaid open source, don't you?

@Aadhunik-Sharma said in Missing Trades in backtrader ?:

I am facing this issue from last 6 months

You probably want to reformulate that sentence. Is something you have been experiencing the last 6 months? Is is something affecting the last 6 months of your data?

});