For code/output blocks: Use ``` (aka backtick or grave accent) in a single line before and after the block. See: http://commonmark.org/help/

How could I make force selling when using pre-defined signals?

• Hi, I'm using pre-defined buy/sell signals for trading as below snippet, but sometimes I need to dynamically handle some situations to force selling. How can I make it? I'm thinking of adding some conditions on the function 'next' in my strategy which imports bt.strategy, but I'm worried about overriding the 'next' function will make my pre-defined signals ignored.

Here's the snippet how I implemented the signals.

import backtrader.feeds as btfeeds
    import backtrader as bt

class MyDataLoader(btfeeds.PandasData):

lines = ('signal','label',)
        params = (
            ('signal', -1),
            ('label', -1),
        )
        datafields = btfeeds.PandasData.datafields + (['signal','label'])

class MyStrategy(bt.Strategy):

def __init__(self):
            self.dataclose = self.datas[0].close
            self.label = self.datas[0].label
            self.signal = self.datas[0].signal

df['signal'] = pd.Series(predefined_signals, index=df.index)

# Create a cerebro entity
    cerebro = bt.Cerebro()

data = MyDataLoader(dataname=df)

cerebro.adddata(data)

cerebro.addstrategy(MyStrategy)

• You may want to share more code if you still want to get an advice. It is not clear how you process your signals in the strategy.

• @ab_trader Sorry, I forgot to share my strategy code. What I've done is passing my signal into btfeeds.PandasData.datafields and then, initialize 'self.signal' of MyStrategy from the datafields.

• @MarkWhatson answering your initial question - you need to add conditions for your force selling to __init__ or next() and then issue corresponding orders in the next(). This is all I can say based on what was shown here.

});