For code/output blocks: Use ``` (aka backtick or grave accent) in a single line before and after the block. See: http://commonmark.org/help/

Data feeds comparable to QuantConnect

• I've been developing on backtrader for a bit to test out some trading theories and learn the ropes, however I'm considering testing the waters with QuantConnect. While I love the flexibility of running all my own code and the lack of IP risk, I have had to create a rough tool chain to process historical data acquired from various sources, particularly in crypto. That data seems to be included for free with QuantConnect. Not having to deal with my own systems and scaling is also appealing. QuantConnect offers plethora of tick level historical data and live feeds, which seem like they would be both expensive and time consuming to acquire and process.

What are people's experience with acquiring historical and live data feeds versus an integrated online system like QuantConnect? The appeal of focusing only on writing algorithms is a bit hard to resist.