For code/output blocks: Use ``` (aka backtick or grave accent) in a single line before and after the block. See: http://commonmark.org/help/

I introduce myself. I am French. My name is Pierre Rougier and I am interested in Backtrader since today.

• Hello,

I introduce myself.
    I am French.
    My name is Pierre Rougier and I am interested in Backtrader since today.
    I'm interested in algorithmic trading for a while.
    I have already programmed EA in MQL4 and MQL5.
    Nothing profitable.

What makes me interested in Blacktrader:
    it is open-source
    there is a connection with Interactive Brokers
    it is developed in Python
    the project looks active

For the moment I only have notions in Python, so learning Python seems to me the first step.

If you are French I would be particularly happy to contact you.

Regards,
    Pierre8r

• administrators

Hi Pierre,

@pierre8r said in I introduce myself. I am French. My name is Pierre Rougier and I am interested in Backtrader since today.:

For the moment I only have notions in Python, so learning Python seems to me the first step.

This is the most important thing, not only becausethe platform is written in Python, but because getting something to work and developing something profitable will need time, patience and dedication. If the basics (the programming language which gives you also full access to the framework) are lacking, the experience will be terrible and the so will be the results.

• @pierre8r said in I introduce myself. I am French. My name is Pierre Rougier and I am interested in Backtrader since today.:

hat makes me interested in Blacktrader:
    it is open-sour

Hello Pierre,

My name is olivier and I'm also French, living near Aix en Provence. I'm developing a trading system in Python, connected to IB using an external library (I'm not sure if I'm allowed to name it here ... readers, please let me know) for connection (data and orders) and scheduler for now.

I'm not expert in Python but more and more experienced, quite new in algo trading system too.

Based on this external library, I'm developping my trading system for backtesting and real time trading (but not with real money for now).

I'm starting thinking at strategies now.

if by chance we are geographically close, maybe we can have lunch together.

have a good day all.

Olivier

• @grab06
    Bonjour Olivier,
    J'habite le Mans.
    Mon e-mail est pierre8r-2010@yahoo.fr
    Si vous voulez entrer en contact, n’hésitez pas.

• If you happened to live in the area of St. Tropez, I could give you some help. I spent almost three years developing a crypto trading system incorporating backtrader, including UI, database storage, split Client/Server archtitecture, machine learning, orderbook feeds etc. Feel free to contact me.