For code/output blocks: Use ``` (aka backtick or grave accent) in a single line before and after the block. See: http://commonmark.org/help/

Sizer for Fixed Monetary Amount

• Afternoon,

This feels like a little bit of a silly question. I have read through the documentation, searched google and the other posts in the community; but I haven't been able to find the answer.

Instead of setting the number of units either through add sizer in cerebro or by adding a getsizer in the strategy class, is it possible to set a monetary amount; for example $10,000.

The only way I can think is to code the sizer into the strategy and calculate the number of units by dividing $10k/last close. My only concern is this might slow performance considerably.

• administrators

@elliotp said in Sizer for Fixed Monetary Amount:

is it possible to set a monetary amount; for example $10,000.

Brokers want things in actual amount of things you buy and not in how much it does cost.

The only way I can think is to code the sizer into the strategy and calculate the number of units by dividing $10k/last close.

You are only guaranteed to get that monetary amount with a Limit order, which has the constraint that it may actually never execute.

My only concern is this might slow performance considerably.

That's exactly what a sizer would do but in the background. What is the performance slowdown that you are concerned with?

• Thanks for the quick response. Hmm, interesting, thank you.

• Did you try target orders? Seems the target_value order is what you are looking for.

Docs - Target Orders

• Thank you very much

});