Strategy execution on different timeframes and multi-data

• I'm attempting to complete a system that generates indicators and signals based on a daily timeframe and execute trades against a data feed running on a minute timeframe. As I have written in other threads, I am looking at minute data for the ES and daily data for the SPY. I have set sessionend=dt.time(16, 00) for the daily timeframe resample of the SPY data so I would only expect to see the daily bar for SPY at 16:00 EST.

Note: I am also making an assumption that the sessionend= variable is set to the time in the timezone of that instrument and not my local timezone.

In Strategy next(), how do I ignore the ticks from the minute timeframe data (data0) and only evaluate conditions based on the daily closing bar (data1) that the indicators are processing? As it stands, it appears I am hitting next() for every tick of data0 (ES).

• I think part of what I am seeing here is a replay of all backfilled data from my IB feed on ES data0.

Here is how I am sourcing data:

# ES Futures Live data timeframe resampled to 1 Minute
            data0 = ibstore.getdata(dataname=args.live_es, fromdate=fetchfrom,
                                    timeframe=bt.TimeFrame.Minutes, compression=1)
            cerebro.resampledata(data0, name="ES", timeframe=bt.TimeFrame.Minutes, compression=1)

# SPY Live data timeframe resampled to 1 Day
            data1 = ibstore.getdata(dataname=args.live_spy, backfill_from=bfdata0,
                                    timeframe=bt.TimeFrame.Days, compression=1,
                                    sessionend=dt.time(16, 00))
            cerebro.resampledata(data1, name="SPY", timeframe=bt.TimeFrame.Days, compression=1)

After a full replay of backfilled minute data0 (ES), I now see a tick per minute playing through Strategy next()

I'd like to ignore these ticks since the only purpose for the ES feed is to execute a trade on that instrument.

• administrators

next is called for any tick which any data produces. Concentrating on a specific data is a matter of looking at the len of the data.

When the len of the data changes (it will always go up) you know you got a tick of that data

def start(self):
        self.lendata1 = 0
    def next(self):
        if len(self.data1) > self.lendata1:
            self.lendata1 += 1
            do_something_here()

• @backtrader thank you sir

Looks like your connection to Backtrader Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.