For code/output blocks: Use ``` (aka backtick or grave accent) in a single line before and after the block. See: http://commonmark.org/help/

building program for crypto market scanner. identifying past bases and getting statistics

• Hi everyone, Im writing this post with the hopes to gain some clarity/ direction if you have the time to help a n00b out:)

• I have no prior coding experience
    • I want to focus on learning to code for the purposes of helping me with crypto trading
      The program I have in mind would:
    1. analyze past and present crypto market charts by identifying support lines/bases, (defined by parameters such as how strong market reactions off these support lines. an example of a website that has already achieved this part beautifully. https://qft.hodloo.com/#/binance:ada-usdt
    2. gather statistics on the most successful charts based on strategy I will be implementing.
      Any suggestion on how I can start heading towards this direction would be so immensely helpful:)
      Can backtrader help with any of this?

• administrators

backtrader is not a charting platform. It can generate a chart of the results, but it is not a charting platforrm.

The emphasis is there because you seem to be looking for a charting platform.

1 analyze past and present crypto market charts by identifying support lines/bases

For the purpose of analysis there is no meaningful separation between past and present. There is data. Some users have shown charts of self-developed indicators identifying support-resistance areas. So it seems doable (It is known which algorithm they used to decide what's a support/resistance)

1. gather statistics on the most successful charts based on strategy I will be implementing.

You can gather statistics, but not from the charts. From the data produced by the Analyzer (or directly in the logic) instances you add.

@crypto-singularity said in building program for crypto market scanner. identifying past bases and getting statistics:

Any suggestion on how I can start heading towards this direction would be so immensely helpful:)

@crypto-singularity said in building program for crypto market scanner. identifying past bases and getting statistics:

I have no prior coding experience

Start by reading the Docs - Quickstart

But let me be blunt: if you have prior coding experience you are going to allow yourself a lot of time, to first learn programming and then how to work with the framework. I would personally focus on learning programming before anything else.