For code/output blocks: Use ``` (aka backtick or grave accent) in a single line before and after the block. See: http://commonmark.org/help/

preventing labels for all data feeds showing when plotting

• I have a few hundred data feeds that Im running a portfolio strategy over. I would like to plot just the observer results and perhaps one of the data feeds as a reference but I haven't figured out how to turn off the data labels showing for the trades observer.

I am setting plotinfo.plot = False for all the data feeds except the first one which seems to work when I use just 6 of the data feeds but when I add all the data feeds I get the plot show below.

With all feeds
    0_1532551515241_Screen Shot 2018-07-25 at 10.41.48 PM.png

With just 6 feeds
    0_1532552121784_Screen Shot 2018-07-25 at 10.54.32 PM.png

#run
    cerebro = bt.Cerebro()
    cerebro.addstrategy(St)
    cerebro.broker.setcash(20000.0)
    cerebro.addobserver(bt.observers.TimeReturn, timeframe=bt.TimeFrame.NoTimeFrame)
    cerebro.addobserver(bt.observers.Benchmark, data=benchmark, timeframe=bt.TimeFrame.NoTimeFrame)
    cerebro.adddata(benchmark, name='SPY')
    for feed in feeds:
        cerebro.adddata(feed[1], name=feed[0])
    results = cerebro.run()
    cerebro.plot(iplot=False, style='candle')

#strategy
    for d in self.datas:
        d.plotinfo.plot = False
    self.data1.plotinfo.plot = True

• administrators

@sfkiwi said in preventing labels for all data feeds showing when plotting:

or all the data feeds except the first one

@sfkiwi said in preventing labels for all data feeds showing when plotting:

self.data1.plotinfo.plot = True

That's not the first one, it is the second (arrays are 0 based)

In any case, if it works for 6 data feeds it shall work for the rest. If a data feed has plotinfo.plot set to False, its name will not get added to the list of labels to be displayed. The code doesn't know if you added 6 or 1006 data feeds. The label will simply not be added (because the entire code that plots a data feed and its indicators will be skipped)

In the plot above there are many labels for data feeds, which is an indication that the code was executed.