For code/output blocks: Use ``` (aka backtick or grave accent) in a single line before and after the block. See: http://commonmark.org/help/

How to do intraday trading in backtrader ?

• Suppose I just want to do intraday trading then how can I do it using timers or filters.I can do it any way by handling the datetime object and check if current time falls within the intraday timing then only i will execute the buy or sell signals but I want some smart way or inbuilt functionality to do it.
    And how to forcefully execute or close all the open orders if these signals(buy,sell) crossed the intraday time limit ?

• administrators

@ry-93 said in How to do intraday trading in backtrader ?:

Suppose I just want to do intraday trading then how can I do it using timers or filters

By using intraday data (i.e.: sub-day timeframe)

I can do it any way by handling the datetime object and check if current time falls within the intraday timing then only i will execute the buy or sell signals but I want some smart way or inbuilt functionality to do it.

Each data feed carries a timestamp which can be converted to a datetime.datetime and/or datetime.time instance to let you know what the current time is in Python format. For example

cur_dt = self.data.datetime.datetime(0)  # get current datetime
    cur_tm = self.data.datetime.time(0)  # get current time

You may of course get the time component from thedatetimeobject if you prefer.

And how to forcefully execute or close all the open orders if these signals(buy,sell) crossed the intraday time limit ?

Keep a reference to the orders you have issued, check the time and when your deadline is met, issue a cancel on the orders which have not been executed yet (i.e.: not remove from your list, because they have been notified as Completed)