For code/output blocks: Use ``` (aka backtick or grave accent) in a single line before and after the block. See: http://commonmark.org/help/

Exception in lineseries

• I'm testing a modified version of the ibtest.py with about 50 symbols. When it finally get connected and symbols go live I get an exception in lineseries.py that I'm not able to resolve:

ValueError:  __len__() should return >= 0

it breaks here:

def __len__(self):
          Proxy line operation
            '''
            return len(self.lines[0])

I have not modified any files or modules except the ibtest.py. The modification of ibtest.py is straightforward and I am able to get live data for even 20 symbols with no problem. The exception happens when I am working with higher number of symbols. I can provide the code if you're interested.

I run the program with these arguments:

--port 4001 --no-backfill_start --resample --timeframe Minutes --compression 1 --clientId 1111

and I connect to IB Gateway in Windows and program is running in Debug Mode python 3.

• administrators

A full exception trace would be a lot more useful than the selected final line, which only says that something hasn't got a length.

The full trace will give hints as to where the error was triggered and not where the error finally happened.